Most companies have heeded the call that content is king. Are you one of them? If your answer is no, it’s time to join the game.
So how do you rule your own content kingdom? I’ve included here a few tips to help you get a handle on some of the most engaging ways to maximize your company’s content marketing activities.
Tip #1: Get Social!
If you are not actively involved on at least one social network, you are missing out on a prime opportunity to connect with your key clientele. If you are on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn or anywhere else on the social Web, but you aren’t active, there’s definite room for improvement.
Most often, the issue for companies is not whether to be social, but HOW to be social. Here are a few ideas to help you make the most of your social networking:
- Share pictures from around the office or of individuals interacting with your brand or products. By putting faces to your brand, you are helping to make real connections with your audience.
- Run polls to increase engagement. This also allows you to learn more about your followers, so you can have more targeted posts in the future.
- Share posts from brands you like, companies you support, and fans you love. You definitely don’t want this to be all about you. If it is, you will find yourself with fewer followers and decreased engagement.
- Reply to comments! Nothing frustrates fans and followers more than when they try to interact with a brand only silence in return. Even a quick “Thanks!” can do wonders!
Tip #2: Get Visual!
Approximately 60% of the world is made up of visual learners. And the human brain processes visual data 60,000 times faster than regular text. So start incorporating images into everything you do. For example:
- Add images into your blog posts. When you publish your posts that have pictures, you’ll find engagement will increase dramatically.
- Create infographics. If you’re like most companies, you measures what you do, how you do it and why you do it. Put those facts into a visual piece that is fun to read and to share!
- Take pictures and post them with short captions. As mentioned above, you could snap a quick picture of what’s happening in your office, what you ran across while on your way to a meeting, or perhaps a picture of a coworker’s birthday party.
Here’s an extra tip for you: When you put images onto your website, make sure you use key words and phrases in naming those images and in writing alt text. Doing this is one key part of on-page optimization for search engines (SEO).
Tip #3: Get Help!
You already have access to most of the ideas and opportunities you need to become an effective content marketer. Sometimes, however, you may not have the time or resources to do it right. That’s where I come in. Give me a call at 612-643-1824 or send me a quick email to let me know what you’d like to be doing with regard to content marketing. I can get you on the right path by creating a strong strategy and, if you’d like, by implementing that strategy on your behalf.
Sources: Jeff Bullas; Content Marketing Institute