“What in the world do I even write about?”
If this is you when thinking about your business blog, you’re not alone. Coming up with fresh blog post ideas can be a brain-busting challenge.
If you feel like you’re going to go crazy staring at the blinking cursor on your screen, you’re in the right place. Here, you’ll find 40 blog post ideas you can use to create fresh content for your website. Plus, we’ve added in a quick guide you can use to brainstorm future ideas too (in other words, you’ve hit the jackpot).
These blog post topics are perfect for any business. And to make things easier for you, we’ve broken the ideas into four categories:
- For Your Audience
- About Your Business
- About Your Industry
- Just for Fun
40 Must-Have Blog Post Ideas for Any Business
For Your Audience
- Walk your audience through your process, step by step.
- Answer a frequently asked question for your audience.
- Solve a common problem your audience struggles with.
- Deliver some helpful tips your audience can use.
- Lead your audience to some online resources they might find useful.
- Share a list of your favorite tools for completing a task or process.
- Create a checklist in blog form your audience can use to perform a task or process.
- Make a list of must-have products or services.
- Write a review your audience can use to compare/contrast products or services.
- Share secrets about your niche your audience should know.
About Your Business
- Show off your best customer testimonials.
- Share the history of your business or industry.
- Illustrate what a “day in the life” of your business looks like.
- Share a case study about how you helped one of your customers.
- Create a post illustrating some lessons you’ve learned in your business.
- Share the benefits of working with you and your business.
- Detail how your business is different from others in your industry.
- Explain the benefits of choosing your business.
- Share details about a new product or service.
- Promote an upcoming event or happening within your business.
About Your Industry
- Explain an industry-specific term or phrase for your audience.
- Create a roundup post of your favorite industry-specific blogs.
- Share an industry-specific study or survey and what it means to you.
- Create a roundup post of your favorite industry-specific resources (websites, books, podcasts, etc.)
- Hold an interview with a leader in your industry and write about it.
- Detail the importance of your industry.
- Share your thoughts about what’s wrong in your industry and how you do things differently.
- Bust some industry-specific myths.
- Create a list of industry stats and provide your thoughts.
- Share some predictions you have for your industry in the future.
- Talk about a recent industry-specific news story.
Just for Fun
- Share some inspirational quotes to motivate your audience.
- Make a list of your favorite books.
- Create a playlist of your favorite work tunes and share it.
- List some little-known facts about you or your business.
- Share some funny quotes or anecdotes from your team Zoom calls.
- Interview one of your employees and write about them.
- Share some lessons to learn from your favorite songs.
- Survey your team and publish the results (favorite food, favorite industry-specific quote, etc.)
- Share a roundup of your favorite GIFs.
- Create a round-up that features your team’s favorite moments from each year.
How to Brainstorm Blog Post Ideas on Your Own
There are enough ideas up there to keep your content calendar full for quite some time. Yet, if you’re looking to brainstorm even more blog post ideas but you’re not sure where to start, here are some quick tips.
TL;DR Wanna skip ahead and discover even more tips and tricks? Check out our recent blog post, How to Brainstorm Topics for Your Business Blog.
1. Learn From Your Audience
Your blog is written specifically for your audience. So what better way to brainstorm blog topics than by speaking directly with them? There are many ways to do this. For example, you can read comments from your social media platforms or search your business email inbox for insights.
2. Do Some Online Research
There are so many wonderful tools online that can help you generate new ideas. For example, you can type a simple keyword phrase into Google and check out the People Also Ask box for questions about that topic. These might be great starting points for a new blog post.
3. Look to Other Blogs in Your Industry
You can visit blogs from others within your industry to gain inspiration. But remember, you should never copy ideas or content from others. Instead, use the awesome things they’ve created to inspire your own ideas.
For example, what do you feel is missing from their blog posts that you could add to your own? What thoughts do you have that are different from theirs? Take some notes and see what you can come up with.