Connect With Me
A Few of My Favorite Things
- Book: Anything by Octavia Butler, Carrie Fisher and Charles Dickens. The Expanse series by James S.A Corey, The Bone graphic novel series, the Akira manga series…oh, you just wanted one?
- Musical: Singin’ in the Rain, Mary Poppins, West Side Story
- Movie: E.T, Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse, Bringing Up Baby
- Coffeehouse Order: Americano with cream
- Cocktail: Ginger Ale!
- Vacation spot: Take me to the ocean or the mountains!
- Music: Absolutely everything, but I love listening to film scores when I’m writing
The Values I Hold Dear
Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Meet Maria Cocchiarella
Hello there! I’m Maria, and I’m a bit of a sci-fi nerd.
If you need recommendations for an epic sci-fi tv show or book, I’m your gal.
I’m also a copywriter who loves storytelling; or, rather, I’m obsessed with it. The best stories connect us with our humanity: our desires, needs, and growth. And since these human qualities are always fluid and changing, our need for stories is ever present.
I believe a good story is at the heart of a good business, which helps me support brands by writing content that’s:
My favorite content to write is blog posts. Close behind that is web copy and email newsletters. I’m an ultra-organizer and enjoy helping others solidify their ideas and create plans of action so they can take strong steps forward in growing their business.
What Makes Me, Me?
Wait, you’re still reading this?
Well then, here’s some of the ingredients that make up Maria:
I’m a homegrown Minnesotan who loves the outdoors, and often frequent our beautiful state parks. I attended the University of MN where I got my Bachelor’s in English and Spanish.
Right out of college I began working in public education as an intervention specialist and a college access advisor (or, as I like to say, the jobs nobody has heard of!) Working in this field taught me how to take any subject and make it digestible and entertaining for a diverse audience.
After over a decade of working with students and educators, I decided to pursue a career in writing and discovered digital marketing. I attended UW-Madison and completed a professional certificate in their intensive Digital Marketing program. While I learned every aspect of digital marketing, I fell in love with content marketing, which brought me to where I am today!
A few tidbits about me:
- I’m not terrified of heights, I’m terrified of falling. I discovered this fear on a ski lift in Jackson Hole.
- I have a “modest” X-men comic collection. I have about 200 comics spanning from the 80’s to the early 2000’s.
- I’m empathetic and a great listener. This can be very beneficial for strangers, and terrible for anyone hanging out with me. Cashiers, baristas, or fellow hikers will begin to tell me their entire life story while my companions tap their watches impatiently.
- The only sport I pay attention to is figure skating. And also ice dancing. If it includes rhinestones and shoes with blades, I’m in.