Connect With Me
A Few of My Favorite Things
- Book: Anything by Jodi Picoult, Kristin Hannah or Colleen Hoover
- Musical: From local community theatre to Broadway, I love it all!
- Movie: Anything but horror
- Coffeehouse Order: White Chocolate Mocha, hot or iced
- Cocktail: Vodka cranberry
- Vacation spot: I’m a visual person, so I love a view. Mountains, water or a beautiful landscape have me checking Zillow every time I travel.
- Music: Acoustic cover songs or Broadway soundtracks
The Values I Hold Dear
Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Meet Misty Hempel
Hello! I’m Misty, and I’m a Scandinavian girl from northern Minnesota.
All this means I’m polite by nature, I can host a phenomenal potluck at a moment’s notice, and I can tell you the appropriate number of layers to wear for most of the hockey rinks in the 218 area code. I also say “uff dah,” “geez” and “ope” a lot.
I’m passionate about creating experiences, whether it be a themed gathering or event, a family tradition or photographs to capture a memory; I’m here for all of it. This also translates into my professional career, which has always seemed to revolve around customer service. Being intentional to create a positive, enjoyable and memorable experience in all areas of life is my passion.
I believe connection is key to all relationships: personal and professional. To create these relationships, it’s imperative to be:
I love to be creative and surround myself with beautiful things, people and ideas. I’m also incredibly organized and am thrilled when I get to color code a sheet or check something off of my To Do List. Pens, planners and notepads are my jam.
So Who Am I, Really?
You mean to tell me I’m supposed to have figured this out by now? Oh, geez!
I’ve lived in Minnesota my entire life—the majority in a very far northwestern town that’s over an hour from my favorite big box stores and chain restaurants. While this poses many inconveniences, it has also made me incredibly resourceful.
I’ve spent my professional years in roles focused on helping and serving. I’ve been a florist and event planner, I was an account representative for a worldwide electronic components distribution company, and I have managed an independent insurance agency specializing in property and casualty insurance. While this is a diverse background with few obvious similarities, all roles have a common thread of service and share the importance of providing an outstanding and meaningful customer experience.
A few fun facts about me:
- I love to read. I have a standing goal of reading 24 books a year, however, I typically surpass 50. Just in case you are wondering…the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.
- I’m always up for a road trip. This is probably a good thing since even going to Target is a 120-mile, round-trip event here in the tundra.
- I’ll be your biggest cheerleader. If it’s important to you, it’s important to me. I’ll be sitting in the stands, waiting backstage, or clapping in the front row for everything you do, camera in hand. And if there is a t-shirt with your colors, slogan, or team on it…you better believe I’ll be proudly wearing it.
- I’m terrified of bugs but love camping. There is nothing like sleeping in a tent in the woods, out in the fresh air with a view of the stars through the screen above you. But if anything other than a mosquito is around, I’m done.
How About You? Reach Out to Share!
I could go on about all the things that make me uniquely me, but you know what? I’d love to get to know you even more. If you’re ready to share your story, reach out to me and the CCS team. We’re here to help you tell it to the world! Drop me a note or give call the office at 612-643-1824. I look forward to hearing from you!