Connect With Me
A Few of My Favorite Things
- Book: On The Road by Jack Kerouac and The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
- Musical: Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Movie: Die Hard, Home Alone, Jaws, Tommy Boy, Midnight in Paris, Wayne’s World, most Adam Sandler comedies, Star Wars and MCU, cheesy horror movies and historical/biblical epics
- Coffeehouse Order: Americano with vanilla cream
- Cocktail: Beer or a Big Ginger
- Vacation spot: Ormand/Daytona Beach
- Music: Anything with energy and a groove
The Values I Hold Dear
Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Meet Zach West
Hello, I’m the writer with the shorter name at CCS. (For real, I took Maria’s name and ran it through the Hemingway App. ) Fun fact: I was given the nickname “Zest” in high school and I now have it tattooed on my arm. Yes, really.
Why I’m a Copywriter
When I was a boy… (Yes, that’s a Daredevil reference. It’s a great show! Now streaming on Disney+*).
Anyway, when I was a teenager I was doing the whole, “I don’t know what I wanna do with my life!” schtick. My mom told me she went to high school with a guy who was a copywriter for Budweiser commercials and some of them were played during the Super Bowl.
“That’s great, Mom. So?”
“You should go into that industry. You like writing and I think you’d be good at it.”
“Yeah, okay, Mom,” I responded while rolling my eyes and promptly ignoring her advice like any proper teenager would.
Turns out my mom was onto something. Fast-forward a whole bunch of years and I’m a copywriter and loving it. (You were right, Mom. )
So, why do I do this for a living? Because I love communicating and sharing stories! No, I haven’t created a Super Bowl beer commercial (yet!). But I get to write all day, every day, and that’s pretty cool.
Quick Facts About Me
- Running: I run every day except Sunday. 5K races are a blast and are my personal favorites. (Ask me about the time I ran one in a full turkey costume.)
- Guitar/bass: I play these instruments. I’m alright and have fun.
- Wife, daughter, dog: I’m fortunate to have these three in my life.
That’s enough about me. Let’s talk about you!
Words Made to Order
You need something written—that’s where I come in. Give me a few bullet points and I’ll turn it into a blog. Tell me about your product or service and I’ll craft you a web page. Or, say nothing and I’ll come up with something on my own. I’m resourceful like that!
*We dig Disney here, but no, we aren’t affiliates.