Ideal Customer Avatars
Ideal Customer Avatars: Discover Who Needs You the Most
“I help anyone who needs help with X.”
“As a business owner, I work with anyone I can get.”
“Things are tough right now, so I’ll say ‘yes’ to any client who comes my way.”
Thoughts like these will keep your business from growing. Why? Because everyone isn’t your audience. What you have to offer is not a fit for everyone out there.
What’s more, trying to serve everyone does a disservice to yourself and those who actually need you the most. By trying to appeal to all, you’ll connect to none.
For your website content to connect and convert, you need to know who you’re speaking to. The best way to do so is to develop an ideal customer avatar.
What Is an Ideal Customer Avatar?
An ideal customer avatar (ICA)—also known as a buyer persona—is a detailed description of your target customer. It dives deep into your customer’s mind and heart, identifying a variety of attributes such as:
By defining these unique attributes about your customer, you’ll come to understand how to speak to them in a way that connects on a deeper level.
Your Ideal Customer Is Unique to Your Business
You can’t just go after the same people your competition serves. They may not be the best fit for you or your services.
This begs the question: Can you quickly identify your ideal customer? If not, it’s time to ask yourself some serious questions:
- Who do you want to serve?
- Why are these people seeking you and your services out?
- What transformations are you delivering to these people beyond your service or product?
If you’re unable to get specific in your answers to these questions on your own, it’s time to seek help in defining your ICA.
Ideal Customer Avatar Discovery & Development
We’ve created a thorough ideal customer avatar discovery and development service, which breaks down into three overarching steps:
- Interview: We’ll hop on a call with you to learn more about your business, including what you do, your mission and your vision. Of course, we’ll also discuss who you want to serve in detail.
- Research: Next, we’ll put on our science hat and get to work. For example, we’ll research social media to see who’s engaging with your business. We’ll also look at your competition, visit question forums such as Quora and more to help identify additional info about who you serve.
- Creation: Now for the fun part! We’ll build your ICA based on the data we find and your goals. We’ll deliver it in an easy-to-read and understand document that’s ready to share with your entire team. Plus, it’ll look great. With ICA in hand, you’ll be able to immediately put it to work and start connecting.