Now Hiring a Remote Customer Experience Representative
Are you an unabashed extrovert who sincerely enjoys helping others?
Do you take pride in your ability to read and respond to people in just the right way?
Are you ready to put your customer service skills to good use?
Then you’re likely just who we’re looking for!
A bit about us:
We’re Custom Content Solutions LLC, a small digital content marketing agency run by an entirely remote team. We take great pride in delivering online content (read: website copy, blog posts, lead magnets, emails, whitepapers and more) that matches each customer’s brand voice (yes, we do brand messaging work, too). We’re all about making connections through our content, client relationships, community engagement and beyond.
What about you? Are you:
- A believer in delivering an exceptional customer experience?
- A communicator who uses words to connect with customers of all types?
- A motivator who aims to bring out the best in yourself and others?
- A self-starter who loves problem-solving?
- An organizer with an unabashed Type A personality?
- Someone who gets pumped over people, processes and efficiency?
If this sounds like you, keep reading for more details!
We’re looking for a US-based, remote Customer Experience Representative to provide a high level of customer care and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
What you’ll do here:
- Handle all incoming phone calls from current customers and new customers
- Answer inquiries about services and direct support requests to the proper team member
- Actively call current customers to check in, receive feedback and identify needs
- Provide general customer service and phone/email customer support
- Offer administrative office support as needed (e.g., assist with light editing, build out content into WordPress and assist with day-to-day operations)
- Follow up with customers to receive feedback and ask for reviews
- Keep detailed records of actions taken
- Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities to improve existing customers’ experiences and increase their services
- Provide feedback and recommendations to improve processes and build out the customer experience ecosystem
The right person for this position:
- Has at least one year of customer service experience
- Believes in delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Is able to communicate effectively, frequently and efficiently via email (read: grammar and spelling matter!)
- Has excellent verbal communication skills
- Maintains composure and shows resilience when faced with challenges
- Is technology savvy (we work in Google Workspace, Asana, Slack and Harvest, among others)
- Connects quickly with others and enjoys working with a team to complete a project
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment and can handle multiple projects at a time
- Is organized and strategic about how they spend their time
- Has a great eye for detail, emphasizing accuracy and consistency
- Takes full ownership of and pride in their work
This position is wrong for anyone who:
- Has a hard time maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
- Prefers to work solo
- Isn’t adaptable to change
- Doesn’t enjoy being a part of a tight-knit and fun team
Still interested? Sweet! This position offers:
- A job where you get paid to do what you love and where you can let all your strengths come shining through
- A supportive, encouraging environment where you can spread your wings and learn new things
- A company that’s committed to community involvement and engagement
- A non-traditional environment that embraces flexibility, family and fun
Finally, a few important details:
We’re looking for someone who is ready to dive into a flourishing team. This person should also be willing to learn right along with us as we continue to grow. A rising tide lifts all boats!
- Position Type: Full Time, Employee
- Hours: 34 hours per week (8 am to 4 pm Monday-Thursday; 8 am to 12 pm Friday) (Central Time Zone)
- Pay: $17-$19 per hour
- Retirement Savings: Simple IRA with up to 3% company match
- Home Office Stipend: Up to $1,500 to help set up/upgrade your home office
- Paid Training: Hands-on, paid training at your regular hourly rate, as well as ongoing professional development opportunities
- Paid Holidays: ~18 days each calendar year + your birthday!
- Paid Time Off: 10 days offered in your first year, extending with your tenure
- Summer Fridays Yearround: Offices close at 12 pm EVERY Friday
- Annual Team Retreat: Travel, lodging and most meals covered during our annual team retreat (you’ll also receive your regular wages for each day)
- Location: Remote (and we’ve been this way since our start in 2013)
Note: What matters most is that we bring someone onto this team who’ll be excited to come to work every day. So, if there’s something in this job description that caught your eye and has you thinking, “I want to do that,” go ahead and apply! Personality and soft skills often outweigh lacking experience or hard skills. When in doubt, GO FOR WHAT EXCITES YOU. You never know where it’ll lead you.
Goosebumps? Champing at the bit to apply? Here’s how:
Fill out this survey. We can’t wait to hear from you!
You MUST fill out the survey to be considered. We’ll accept applications until the role is filled.