Website Content Audit Services
Improve Your Website’s ROI With a Website Content Audit
Your website is the hub of your business online. But is your website doing its best job for you as your online salesperson?
Does your current website content attract the right audience?
Does your web copy accurately convey who you are and what you offer?
Does it inspire your audience to act?
Your website should make it as easy as possible for your visitors to find the information they’re looking for and then take the next step. If it doesn’t, now is the time to take a good, hard look at your content to identify and make smart improvements.
“What Is a Website Content Audit?”
and “What Do I Get With It?”
These are two questions we hear often from our customers when they first inquire about what to do with their existing copy.
A website content audit is a deep-dive look at all the content on your website. The audit assesses everything from the words on the page and “behind the scenes” to the images you use and the way the copy is laid out on each page. We review your content with your business goals, brand voice and ideal client in mind.
With a thorough content audit from Custom Content Solutions, you will receive an experienced copywriter’s assessment of your website, inclusive of all the things your site does well and all the areas where your site could use improvement. We will offer suggested improvements, so you have a full roadmap of how to proceed with your website updates moving forward.
A Deeper Look Into Our 5-Point Process for Auditing Website Content
- Content elements within your website’s design: The very first content items your website visitors encounter are those that appear in the main design areas of your website. We analyze page titles; navigation; font size, type and color; calls to action; contact information and more.
- Readability: If your readers cannot easily digest what you’re trying to tell them, you’ll lose them. This is why readability is key. We look to ease of reading, overuse of passive voice, grade level, word choice and more.
- Content optimization: You always need to pay close attention to optimization if you want a high-performing website. Optimization must be balanced with value and relevancy, however. To that end, we assess content topics, keyword usage, internal linking, meta descriptions and title tags, and much more.
- Page structure: How you present what you say is as important as the words you use. This is why we pay close attention to content formatting, length, page layout and more.
- Site-wide content elements: Just as there are soft skills when it comes to relationships, there are also soft skills when it comes to writing. This final subset of our content audit looks at the softer side of your content, analyzing consistency across your site with regard to style, tone, point of view, marketing messages, calls to action and more. We look for compelling copy and keep a lookout for tactical errors involving grammar, spelling, broken links and so on.
Call Today to Request Your Website’s Content Audit
Whether you simply want a fresh perspective on your website content or you need help overhauling all the copy on your site, contact our team online or call us today at 612-643-1824. We will talk about your current concerns involving your website copy and will discuss pricing, process and timing. We look forward to hearing from you!