“Let’s just throw something up on the website for now. We can add better content later.”
Famous last words, my friend. And, unfortunately, we’ve heard ‘em time and time again. After spending thousands (or tens of thousands) of dollars on a well-built website, businesses skip investing the same in their copywriting (and thereby underestimating the value of copywriting). The result? Lost opportunities and profit.
We don’t want this to happen to you. That’s why we’re here to tell you the truth:
It’s impossible to truly connect with your audience without high-quality content.
You could have the most innovative website design on the planet and it wouldn’t matter—if your content sounds robotic or just like every one of your competitors, you’ll lose your website visitors in seconds.
Your potential customers need to hear your voice. Investing in high-quality content is worth it.
It’s Past Time to Stop Cutting Corners & Costs in Your Content
Running a business is tough stuff. And the costs associated with it can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to marketing. We see you. Yet, there are cost-cutting strategies you should avoid at all costs:
- Hiring a “green” freelancer that only charges a couple of cents per word that you never meet with or speak to
- Handing the responsibility of creating your web content to an inexperienced member of your team
- Throwing quick content blurbs on your website just to get it out into the world
What Do You Have to Lose?
We could show you all kinds of industry stats about the costs of making these mistakes. For instance, did you know bad writing costs businesses nearly $400 billion each year?
But, what do you have to lose? Making this personal is the only way to truly understand the cost of cutting corners for your business.
- Sales lost due to poor marketing: Content created haphazardly doesn’t do its job of convincing your audience you’re the right choice to fulfill their needs. It also doesn’t do anything to boost your website in search to ensure potential customers can find you. As a result, you stand to lose critical sales for your business.
- Wasted time on the wrong leads: Your content must speak your target audience’s language. Otherwise, you run the risk of attracting the wrong leads to your business. This leads to wasted time and money.
- Potential customers who feel unsupported by your content: Your audience is looking for a solution to a problem. For attorneys, clients are looking for legal advice, often because of an unpleasant or confusing situation in their lives. Your content should provide value and answers while acknowledging where your audience is. If it doesn’t, potential clients will walk away feeling unsupported by you. And will, in turn, run to one of your competitors.
The Value of Copywriting: High-Quality Content Is Worth the Investment
Good copywriting services will require an investment. After all, creating content that connects and converts takes time, effort, dedication and skill.
It’s true that high-quality copywriting services will cost you more than a few pennies per word. That’s because good copywriters help support your entire content marketing strategy instead of putting words on a page for the sake of doing so.
Just like you hired a skilled web designer to create a website that was true to your brand, you must do the same for your copywriting.
You would never pay a web designer by the pixel, so why would you pay a copywriter by the word?
Why pay more than what you can pay on freelance sites like Fiverr? It’s a question we get often. The thing is, to write good content for your business, a skilled copywriter must know:
- Your brand and your audience
- Your website goals and how they align with your business objectives
- How to write content that connects with search engines and people
- How to write in a way that keeps folks on your site longer
- How to write content that provides an easy, user-friendly experience
Finally, they must put it all together to create cohesive content that builds your business. And that? That’s worth its weight in gold.
What High-Quality Content Can Do for You
The value of good copywriting services can be illustrated by the value of good copywriting. By investing, you’ll receive high-quality content that:
- Helps your website show up in search: Google places priority on website content that delivers value. You can’t just fluff a blog post and add keywords to increase your rank in search. Quality content is written with your audience in mind and fulfills a need. Plus, it’s formatted and edited to include SEO best practices, so you can be found via search.
- Connects with your audience: Your customers want content that’s personalized to their needs, goals and desires. They want you to “get them.” High-quality content is written specifically for your audience, addressing their fears and concerns. It also speaks your audience’s language in a way that connects on a deeper level.
- Encourages your audience to convert: The best content gently guides your audience to their solution, which is you. That’s why every blog post, video, whitepaper and article must have a compelling call to action, links to additional content and clear next steps.
- Differentiates you from the competition: What are your superpowers? What do you do better than anyone else? Why should your potential customers choose you? Your content must answer these questions, so you stand out from your competition.
- Aligns you with your dream customers: “Everyone” isn’t your audience. High-quality content is written only after getting to know your target audience on a deeper level. As a result, it will better align you with the customers you want to serve.
An investment in copywriting is worth it. Trying to cut costs and corners shouldn’t be an option for any business serious about using their website as a marketing tool to build their business. It just doesn’t work.
Learn More About the Value of High-Quality Content
Still not sure if outsourcing your content creation efforts is worth it? We’re here to help. Allow our team of Word Nerds (aka copywriting experts) to answer your questions and alleviate your concerns. Send us a message today!